The SENSEI project, supported by the Horizon 2020 funding programme, enables energy efficiency to be rewarded as an energy resource and a new grid service while turning the energy efficiency retrofit project value into an investable asset for private financing. It combines pay-for-performance (P4P) arrangements with the Energy Performance Contracting (EPC) model, making buildings more energy-efficient and attractive for third-party investors.
At a time when energy prices have reached ceilings unbearable for many across Europe, we look back at the project concept and how it could fit in Europe, especially into providing ways to trigger further private energy efficiency investments.
The event will have live graphic recording, summarising key aspects into take-away designs, and end with a complimentary lunch. Registration open until January 20!
9.00 – 9.10 Welcome, Filippos Anagnostopoulos, IEECP / SENSEI project coordinator
9.10 – 9.30 Setting the scene, Margot Pinault, Policy Officer, DG ENER – Policy background and the new EED
9.30-10.30 A next generation of building policies. Debate moderated by Marion Santini, RAP
- Margot Pinault, Policy Officer, DG ENER
- Hélène Sibileau, Policy advisor, BPIE – Policy drivers for building renovation
- Michael Villa, Executive Director, SmartEn – Integrating energy efficiency and demand-side flexibility policies
- Murray Birt, Senior ESG Strategist, DWS
10.30-11.00 Coffee break
11.00-12.15 P4P: digging into the concept and next steps
- P4P: definition, examples and key learnings, Filippos Anagnostopoulos, IEECP
- Lessons learned from P4P programmes in US and regulatory suggestions for the EU, Dimitra Tzani, IEECP
- Guidelines for the design of P4P schemes, Johan Coolen, Factor4
- Tools & platforms / dynamic M&V of energy savings, Sotiris Papadelis, HEBES
- Pilot case: the potential to set up P4P in Catalunya, Monica Pascual, Generalitat de Catalunya
12.15-12.45 Panel debate – Demonstrating Pay-for-Performance. Moderator: Filippos Anagnostopoulos, IEECP
- Lieven Vanstraelen, BELESCO
- Alex Rathmell, EnergyPro
- James Fenna, Carbon Co-op
- Monica Pascual, Generalitat de Catalunya
- Juan Antonio Aranda Uson, CIRCE/FRESCO project